Welcome to SPTC!
Looking for information about Scottish education from a parent or carer’s viewpoint, have a query about the role of the Parent Council or PTA, or an existing SPTC member with a burning question? Or maybe you run a club or group for children? You’ve come to the right place!
SPTC is a parent-led membership organisation dedicated to sharing information and advice to make parental involvement in Scottish schools as good as it can be. On this site you’ll find useful information and signposts to many other organisations. There’s information, too, about membership of SPTC for PTAs, PCs or other parent-led groups, and about how you can be involved in the biggest parents’ group in Scotland.
On your behalf
- Eleanor Conor providing Partnership Schools Scotland training at Balornock Primary 24th May
- Eileen Prior attending Scottish Government Parent Stakeholder Group 24th May
- Eileen Prior and Jeanna meeting Jackie Brock, Children in Scotland 24th May
- Eileen Prior at the Education Scotland School Inspections Reference Group 25th May
- Eileen Prior attending No2NP meeting 26th May
Members of SPTC receive the regular SPTC newsletter, Backchat, by post or email. Backchat shares news and information about what’s happening in Scottish education, as well as events and organisations we think will be of interest to parents and carers.
Cortachy Primary School
Earlston Primary School Parent Council
Lhanbryde Primary School Parent Council
New Membership Model
Children in Scotland and Families Need Fathers Scotland have released a new guide for schools and nu...
Upstart, a new campaign to introduce a kindergarten stage for children aged 3 to 7 launches on M...
The Stonewall Scotland Education Conference 2016 will be held on 3 June 2016 at the Hilton Grosveno...