At SPTC we strive to make parental involvement in education as good as it can be. We do this by working with our members and running a range of training schemes and projects.
We are an independent charity funded by membership. We do not receive any council or government funding.
Our members are a mixture of parent councils, parent teacher associations and other parent groups who pay for membership or have membership paid for them by their local authority. We are also now accepting individual members.
Being a member of the SPTC has a range of benefits which you can find out about here.
SPTC this week
- Eileen Prior delivering PVG online session 24 April
-Eleanor Coner at Westfield Primary School 25 April
- Eleanor Coner delivering Partnership Schools training in Angus 25 April
- Claire Wheeler delivering Partnership Schools training at Craiglockhart Primary School 25 April
- Dorothy Hooper delivering Parent Council Essentials at St Michael's Primary School 26 April
- Claire Wheeler delivering Involving All Parents at Uphall Primary School 26 April
- Eileen Prior at Scottish Council for Independent Schools 26 April
- Gwen Wells delivering Role of Office Bearers and Committee Members at Buckhaven Primary School 27 April
- Eleanor Coner at the Mental Health & Wellbeing in Schools Conference 28 April
- SPTC Board Meeting 29 April
What we do
SPTC is dedicated to providing information and support to parents and carers to support their involvement in their child’s education. Our helpline, website, publications and events are all geared to helping make parental involvement as good as it can be.
Backchat is our termly newsletter that goes out to all our members and contacts. It includes news about what is happening in Scottish Education as well as news and events that we think will be of interest to parents and carers.