At SPTC we strive to make parental involvement in education as good as it can be. We do this by working with our members and running a range of training schemes and projects.
We are an independent charity funded by membership. We do not receive any council or government funding.
Our members are a mixture of parent councils, parent teacher associations and other parent groups who pay for membership or have membership paid for them by their local authority. We are also now accepting individual members.
Being a member of the SPTC has a range of benefits which you can find out about here.
On your behalf
- Eileen Prior & Eleanor Coner meeting with Stirling Council 27 March
- Eleanor Coner delivering Parent Council Essentials at St Modan's High School 27 March
- Eleanor Coner at a Parent Council meeting at Bo'ness Academy 28 March
- Eileen Prior and Eleanor Coner delivering Engaging Families in Inverclyde29 March
- Eileen Prior and Eleanor Coner meeting with Skills Development Scotland 30 March
- Eileen Prior at Edinburgh International Science Festival opening event 30 March
- Eileen Prior & Eleanor Coner online meeting with Joyce Epstein from Johns Hopkins University 31 March
What we do
SPTC is dedicated to providing information and support to parents and carers to support their involvement in their child’s education. Our helpline, website, publications and events are all geared to helping make parental involvement as good as it can be.
Backchat is our termly newsletter that goes out to all our members and contacts. It includes news about what is happening in Scottish Education as well as news and events that we think will be of interest to parents and carers.