You and Your school
There are lots of good reasons to get involved with your child’s education and school, though sometimes it’s not as straightforward as it could be.
Here you’ll find lots of information and advice to help you understand what happens in schools, as well as ideas for places you can look for information on a range of parenting issues.
On your behalf
- Eileen Prior & Eleanor Coner meeting with Stirling Council 27 March
- Eleanor Coner delivering Parent Council Essentials at St Modan's High School 27 March
- Eleanor Coner at a Parent Council meeting at Bo'ness Academy 28 March
- Eileen Prior and Eleanor Coner delivering Engaging Families in Inverclyde29 March
- Eileen Prior and Eleanor Coner meeting with Skills Development Scotland 30 March
- Eileen Prior at Edinburgh International Science Festival opening event 30 March
- Eileen Prior & Eleanor Coner online meeting with Joyce Epstein from Johns Hopkins University 31 March
- What is a placing request?
- What is a School Improvement Plan?
- Can my child use the school bus?
- Does additional support mean one-to-one support in class?
- What should I expect from a school’s contact evening?
- Should the Parent Council or the school deal with a complaint?
- I keep hearing teachers and others within my school talking about ‘Glow’; what is it?
- Do the pupils have any rights re the number of probationary teachers they are taught by?
This morning (23 March 2017), John Swinney announced that head teachers are to be offered a new pack...
Yesterday (7 March), the latest information about destinations for school leavers in Scotland was re...
View the results here Back in September, our Parents' Voice survey group completed a survey on the ...
SPTC AGM & Lecture 2017
Don’t just rely on paper communication; use as many methods as possible.Ask the school for...
A Parent's Guide to Assessment and Reporting
The GTCS is a 37-member council dedicated to maintaining and improving professional standards, and ...
Laws and policies for schools & families Download the leaflet here.SPTC works closely with ...
If you're ever feeling lost with amount of jargon used in education - we have the guide for you! Dow...
- Additional learning needs (13)
- Children and family wellbeing (20)
- Education authorities and agencies (10)
- Education organisations and resources (44)
- Education system (8)
- Emotional, relationship and physical wellbeing (42)
- Equality and diversity (16)
- Family and children's charities (26)
- Local authorities (32)
- Parental involvement (13)
- Transport and outdoor learning (30)
- Young people's organisations (6)