You and Your school
There are lots of good reasons to get involved with your child’s education and school, though sometimes it’s not as straightforward as it could be.
Here you’ll find lots of information and advice to help you understand what happens in schools, as well as ideas for places you can look for information on a range of parenting issues.
On your behalf
- Eleanor Coner meeting with West Lothian Council about Partnership Schools 13 February
- Eileen Prior and Seonaid Heeps meeting with Education Scotland about Digital Learning Week 14 February
- Eleanor Coner At Langlees Primary School for parent event 15 February
- Eileen Prior meeting with Scottish College of Educational Leadership 15 February
- Eleanor Coner at Inveralmond Community School 15 February
- Eleanor Coner delivering How to Improve Your School at Our Lady and St Patrick's High School 15 February
- Eleanor Coner meeting with North Lanarkshire Council 17 February
- What is a placing request?
- What is a School Improvement Plan?
- Can my child use the school bus?
- Does additional support mean one-to-one support in class?
- What should I expect from a school’s contact evening?
- Should the Parent Council or the school deal with a complaint?
- I keep hearing teachers and others within my school talking about ‘Glow’; what is it?
- Do the pupils have any rights re the number of probationary teachers they are taught by?
View the results here Back in September, our Parents' Voice survey group completed a survey on the ...
This morning, John Swinney announced where the money from the £120 million attainment fund will be ...
We've been asking our members for the last few months to tell us how education in Scotland should be...
SPTC AGM & Lecture 2017
Don’t just rely on paper communication; use as many methods as possible.Ask the school for...
A Parent's Guide to Assessment and Reporting
The GTCS is a 37-member council dedicated to maintaining and improving professional standards, and ...
Laws and policies for schools & families Download the leaflet here.SPTC works closely with ...
If you're ever feeling lost with amount of jargon used in education - we have the guide for you! Dow...
- Additional learning needs (13)
- Children and family wellbeing (20)
- Education authorities and agencies (10)
- Education organisations and resources (44)
- Education system (8)
- Emotional, relationship and physical wellbeing (42)
- Equality and diversity (16)
- Family and children's charities (26)
- Local authorities (32)
- Parental involvement (13)
- Transport and outdoor learning (30)
- Young people's organisations (6)