You and Your school
There are lots of good reasons to get involved with your child’s education and school, though sometimes it’s not as straightforward as it could be.
Here you’ll find lots of information and advice to help you understand what happens in schools, as well as ideas for places you can look for information on a range of parenting issues.
SPTC this week
- Eileen Prior delivering PVG online session 24 April
-Eleanor Coner at Westfield Primary School 25 April
- Eleanor Coner delivering Partnership Schools training in Angus 25 April
- Claire Wheeler delivering Partnership Schools training at Craiglockhart Primary School 25 April
- Dorothy Hooper delivering Parent Council Essentials at St Michael's Primary School 26 April
- Claire Wheeler delivering Involving All Parents at Uphall Primary School 26 April
- Eileen Prior at Scottish Council for Independent Schools 26 April
- Gwen Wells delivering Role of Office Bearers and Committee Members at Buckhaven Primary School 27 April
- Eleanor Coner at the Mental Health & Wellbeing in Schools Conference 28 April
- SPTC Board Meeting 29 April
- What is a placing request?
- What is a School Improvement Plan?
- Can my child use the school bus?
- Does additional support mean one-to-one support in class?
- What should I expect from a school’s contact evening?
- Should the Parent Council or the school deal with a complaint?
- I keep hearing teachers and others within my school talking about ‘Glow’; what is it?
- Do the pupils have any rights re the number of probationary teachers they are taught by?
On 23 March 2017, we held our 68th AGM and Lecture, with Dr Janet Goodall of Bath University and Mar...
Education Scotland has released a report on Scottish education, from early years through to adult le...
This morning (23 March 2017), John Swinney announced that head teachers are to be offered a new pack...
Up to date Contact
Do we have your parent group's most up to date contact details?We will soon be sending out membership renewal packs for the upcoming year 2017/18. If your group's main contact has changed since August 2016, please get in touch and let us know - email@example.com
Don’t just rely on paper communication; use as many methods as possible.Ask the school for...
A Parent's Guide to Assessment and Reporting
The GTCS is a 37-member council dedicated to maintaining and improving professional standards, and ...
Laws and policies for schools & families Download the leaflet here.SPTC works closely with ...
If you're ever feeling lost with amount of jargon used in education - we have the guide for you! Dow...
- Additional learning needs (13)
- Children and family wellbeing (20)
- Education authorities and agencies (10)
- Education organisations and resources (44)
- Education system (8)
- Emotional, relationship and physical wellbeing (42)
- Equality and diversity (16)
- Family and children's charities (26)
- Local authorities (32)
- Parental involvement (13)
- Transport and outdoor learning (30)
- Young people's organisations (6)